God lives inside us. It is His goal that we simply believe and act on that fact. It is not a “someday”, it is now: He indwells those who have accepted His invitation to follow Him. He is bigger, stronger, and smarter than we are, desiring to overrule our bad decisions and live the God-life through us. If we really believed that, how might things be different?
- We would recognize Satan’s lies (e.g. worry means love).
- We wouldn’t be anxious about things that are far in the future.
- We would be more discerning about people, able to see through to their hearts.
- We would love more.
- We would rejoice every time truth triumphs over lies.
- We would have an eternal perspective.
- We would serve others with wisdom and grace.
- Our concerns about appearances would fall away.
- We would trust Christ’s lordship of this world, doing our part, but leaving the rest in His hands.
- We would entrust our children to God, knowing He has a plan for each of them that includes us, but does not center on us.
- We would learn to listen to our bodies, giving them what they need (e.g. food, exercise, and rest).
- We would give generously.
We don’t have to adopt another self-improvement plan. We just need to yield to the Christ living within us, intentionally giving up our wills for His and letting His love, power, truth, and peace flow through us. When He lives in us, we become better people and the world becomes a better place!
“God is ready to assume full responsibility for the life fully yielded to Him.” – Andrew Murray